Tuesday 11 September 2012

Resin-Obsessed



Various resined items
Summer holidays are finally over and life slowly getting back to normal.  Not had much opportunity to get on with any art work, as such.

However, I have become a tad obsessed with resin.  I first saw a lady demonstrating its uses at Brighton Stitch and Hobbycraft show earlier in the year.  Since then I have been hooked.

Everywhere I look, I'm thinking "I could embed that!"
It does get a bit messy though
It takes 24 hours (ish) to cure and I am not a very patient person! So if you are doing multiple layers, it can take days to finish off a project.
embedded with an old poster


sequins and silver leaf

a bottle top with an image I really liked




But that aside, Ive also discovered how great it is when you use it to cover a canvas of work!  It looks amazing. 
Look at that gorgeous glass-like finish!
The only drawbacks really, are the time it takes, that the fumes could eventually kill you and it costs a fortune.  But hey, I'm too addicted to care!

Marie x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces Marie! I love resin too - use it on my domino pieces, but have been a chicken to use it on a canvas. Maybe now I will brave it and maybe test it on a small one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.

    I'm really enjoying its versatility, definitely give it a go on one of your canvases, there are loads of tutorials on You Tube. I love the finished result!

    If you do get around to doing it, please post a picture of the finished piece!

    Marie :)

    ReplyDelete

I always like to read your views - all welcome!

Marie :)